Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Two For the Price of One

I'm about to talk your ear off about a couple of things. But I want to point out first, that although these are two very important things and are both more than deserving of their own individual posts, I'm going to keep them together because really, one wouldn't have happened without the other.

These two things are, of course, Bella and Simi.

On September 17th, 2012 we hit the two year marker that I've been without Bella. It feels like she's been gone so much longer than that. I miss her, still, and always will. But at the same time, it feels like just yesterday she was here, a part of our family. Bella was a special dog. Everyone who has heard me talk about her before knows this. She came into my life for a reason, I don't doubt that at all. And having gone two years without her, the reasons that I ever had her at all are clearer and clearer everyday. She helped me become the person I am today, this I know. If it hadn't been for Bella, things would have played out much differently in my life.

The people I know now, the choices I've made, where I am location wise, it was all effected by Bella...

As crazy as that seems. But it's true. She was such an important role in my life... and still is.

I don't know where I would have ended up without her. And there's no way for me to tell really. But that's okay, because I'm honestly happy right here, where I am.


Bella was a once in a life time dog. There will never be another like her come along in my life. She was special and not just in her speshul way. And even though she was a hand-me-down of a gift, she was a gift none the less. And just like my life with Bella effected who I am, Bella's life before me effected who she was and therefore her role in my life.

Everything happens for a reason.

Everything. 











Which brings me to my second subject; Simi. On September 22nd, 2011, just mere days after the one year marker of having lost Bella, my little Demon Child was born. At that point, I don't even think I knew her litter was planned, so I had no idea that all those puppies had been born. And I honestly had no idea that somewhere in all of those pretty puppies was my future headache... er, I mean, my future Brain Child.

But there she was, a teeny little sable girlie waiting who had no idea that she'd be joining my crazy crew and that she'd be forced to put up with me.

Poor girl, someone should have warned her.

And somehow, someway... these two dogs were connected. Call me crazy, I don't care. But I know that there was a reason Simi came into my life, just like Bella had plenty of reason to come into my life. And I honestly feel as if in some way, Bella sent Simi to me.

Simi is mostly a pain in my butt, honestly. But I love her. She's crazy and foolish but calm and dignified. She's the perfect combination of go-go-go and wait-wait-wait. Now, anyway.

Of course, we had our days... weeks... months where she was insane. No brain, no manners, no will to work with me. She was hell on paws. I said it on a regular basis.

But she was my puppy. That well bred GSD that I'd craved ever since Bella came into my life and I caught the GSD bug. She was goofy and silly and she was mine.

Now we've made it through to almost a year old. I can't believe how time has flown. From how we've gone from that little, cute adorable puppy that was always biting me to this 'big' pretty dog who is... well, mentally still in about the same spot. *snorts* And now that I think of it, yeah, she still bites me...

But I swear with her age has come some kind of maturity... I just cant' see it all the time.

So this is mostly just a post to let you know I'm still alive and to recognize two amazing things in my life that just happened to end and begin a year and some days apart... I know it's just time between two things that were bound to happen... but I don't think that it was by random chance that Bella was gone a year just days before Simi came into this world.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful German Shepherd! It is so hard to lose such a loyal pet. Hope you will consider following my blog too. We have a German Sheperd named Lester.

    ReplyDelete